April 01, 2016

Flower Shop tutorial -Part 3-

Share It:
Hello!
 It's a rainy evening here in Buenos Aires. A perfect time to share with you the 3rd part of the tutorial.

Hope that, so far you were able to follow it, if you have questions let me know!

As usual, apply gesso and let dry before painting



Here's the process on the window, you can see the type of joint it has, 45 degrees. Don't be afraid of doing it, it's more simple that it seems. To achieve a perfect angle, this is the trick:




Joint detail
Door and window after painting

If you were careful with the measurements, the window and door will fit perfectly. That's why I advise you to paint all the pieces before assembling everything.




























 This picture shows you the front facade, see how the door, window and extra details are into an "invisible rectangle". All pieces are in visual harmony, and the structure looks realistic.
I added an extra layer of gesso to cover the paper mache, and I wanted the facade to have a more rustic look so I added a bit of modelling paste and at last a layer of white acrylic paint.
There's an "X" shape in the window, that's where the "vitreaux" is going to be.

All the pieces assembled.



















 And now we assemble the "glass" in the door and window. For this, you're going to need a thin sheet of PVC. You can buy it at artistic shops or, you can recycle this material from boxes.

You will have 2 frames of each, a pair for the window and a pair for the door. very carefully, you glue the pvc sheet in between. The white glue we're using won't leave any trace after it dries. I told you I was going to do something with the window! And here it is, an inspired Art Nouveau vitraux.
If you'd like doing one for your project, remember that only alcohol markers will adhere permanently to the pvc.





I added the shop's name matching the width of the window and door.

The concrete you see on the sides was done using Creative clay, later painted with 2 tones of grey for the right tone.












The "terracotta" floor

Do a mark on the base of the project, from the inside.
The terracotta tiles were done using "DAS" modeling material. It dries alone, but you can speed the process a bit by leaving your tiles in the sun. The irregular shape I did it with my fingers, press a bit and later cut them and glue them to the board.








Next time, I'm going to show you how to age the facade and add a few extra details.
Until then, I hope you like my tutorial and that you find it useful.

If you use it, please send me a link, so I can see your creation!!

See you next friday!
A

4 comments :

  1. Gorgeous! I love your window and door. And the floor is wonderful!
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caroline thank you!!! I love your work as well! Hope my humble tutorial inspires you somehow.

      Thanks for looking!
      Hugs ♥
      A

      Delete
  2. What a great inspiration! Thank you for sharing such lovely tutorial! Great results!
    WELCOME TO MY BLOG (CLICK)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who would believe it's all cardboard! Wonderful door and window
    Thanks again for sharing.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete